Did you watch the Oscars?!
What did you think of Neil Patrick Harris as the host? I was absolutely blown away with the newly engaged Lady Gaga’s performance and tribute to Julie Andrew’s. She really does have a lovely voice and hopefully we will see more of that side of her in the future.
Did you host or attend a party?
We enjoyed a wonderful meal at home with delicious appetizers followed by the BEST chili (I promise to share my recipe!) and then finished it all off with chocolate brownies with our secret ingredient (M&M’s or chocolate chips;) ..
with all that weekend fun,
I thought I’d begin my week with this.
Begin with a splash of fresh spring water and a dollop of your favorite yogurt.
Next, add your favorite organic berries and anything else you feel your body needs.
I use a Vitamix Blender for my smoothies and also to puree ingredients for my soups.
I have tried other smaller blenders and this is hands down the best.
..and serving this berry smoothie in a pretty glass like this makes it all the more enjoyable:)
- 1/2 cup fresh spring water or juice
- 6 ounces of yogurt ( I am trying a yogurt made with goat milk in this recipe)
- 1 cup frozen berries ( I used organic fresh blueberries and frozen strawberries)
- A few ice cubes
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 serving of protein powder optional
- 1 teaspoon of green powder optional ( I use Raw Reserve )
Blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
Makes one serving.