An apple a day may not (really) keep the doctor away, but consider them a healthy choice anyway! One small apple is less than 100 calories and loaded with fiber and vitamin C and other antioxidants.
10 ways to use your apples!
- blend with a banana and your favorite greens to make a smoothie
- sliced with almond or peanut butter
- prepare a grilled sandwich with brie, arugula, and sliced apple
- dipped in caramel (Caramel Apples!)
- serve sliced along side your favorite cheese selection
- slice up apples and place them in a zip lock bag for an on-the-go snack
- scoop out the core and add butter and brown sugar for a baked apple dessert
- chop up a bunch of apples, add cinnamon, lemon, and place in a medium sauce pan to make apple sauce
- make an apple pie
- apple -walnut bread